• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

horrible temps in ND

rap

i wonder how the ice will hold up with highs in the upper 40's today and the rest of the week here??? the high in minot tomorrow is supposed to be 48 degrees... it's still in the forty's now at 10:30..

Hey Rap
I was just looking at the minot forcast before i clicked over here. OUCH! 48F. Looks like teens at night the rest of the week though. That should help a bit. So how's the fishing. Go to Neslon bay?
mike

the fishing on darling has been to easy for perch all year so far, and i have always fished there, but there are hardly any eyes around on darling now, so i tried audubon for the first time ever on ice on sunday. i had no clue where to go and really didn't get good information at the bait shop, so i just fished on the first island out from the ramp on the north side of 83. i never marked a fish on the vexilar the whole time... i moved around to quite a few depths.. no one ever posts any info for audubon for some reason on fishingbuddy and no one responds to my questions... is nelson bay pretty good for eyes? u know of any springs that are in nelson bay? i'd really like to catch some eyes on audubon instead of perch after perch on darling

Never fished Nelson bay--first time I've heard of it. My buddy (initials)W.N. has been pounding 1 1/2-2 1/2 walleyes out there. He has his permanent house on the refuge(south)side on the northwest side (18-20ft of water)of some big island out there. Don't know the exact spot. If I had a lake map I could probably find it. You know of any online?

I've looked all over for an audubon map online but can't find any, the nd game and fish has a bunch of maps of lakes but none on audubon.. I guess I'll have to try nelson bay next time, thanks for the info.. by the way, it is 50 degrees out here! frown.gif

i'm not quite sure of the exact day i ordered them, but they're all dead now. I think they lasted about 4 weeks. I was lazy and only picked the dead ones out a couple of times, so that probably didn't help them... actually thanks for reminding me about them, i fished audubon last weekend and wasn't going for perch so i never checked them, so they weren't checked for 9 days now, they are all dead and i am glad i've got them out of the fridge.. i never really had any better luck on them than the waxies, so i don't know if i'll be buying them again.. is your buddy heading to audubon this week? I think i am heading to darling this weekend because there was about 4-6 inches more ice on there than audubon from what i heard last weekend and i'll feel safer driving around up there until it all freezes again... how's the ice in MN?

forgot to answer if i used them all up... not even close at all, i probably had over 900 left i didn't use... if i buy those or waxies again i'll have to go in on a 1000 with someone and split them up..

Haven't talked to W.N. in a while but he is laidoff for the winter and has his permanent house on audubon and has been fishing out there every chance possible--which is almost every day. Ice in MN---Drivable in the north--but pretty much still walking on in the central and southern part of the state.

Rap I thought you were tired of catching perch---too easy or something like that. Just messing with ya. I'll make a call tomorrow and see if I can get you a fresh Audubon walleye/ice update that you can chase.
mike

[This message has been edited by jacobm (edited 01-09-2002).]

Ya i thought i better chase perch on darling and know that i will stay on top of the lake instead of chasing walleyes on audubon and ending up on the bottom of the lake somewhere... i think i might head to audubon on sunday tho after seeing how the ice conditions are on darling. thanks for getting any info on audubon! it looks like we might finally get back to normal temps here by monday... i sure hope so anyways

Tried to get ahold of W.N. this morning but talked to my dad instead. He told me WN went out to Audubon this morning to pull his permanent off because the ice was deteriorating and there was only 12" under it. He said he drove through 4" of water along the shoreline to get on the lake. Getting a little scarry. WN did fish last night and caught 8 walleye. He is 1/2 mile straight out from the game warden shack on the refuge(south) side, on the NW corner of the island.

good fishing

mike

thanks alot for the info! I guess I'll probably head out there sunday and see if i can find the warden shack. that must have been scary driving around out there! i'm glad i don't have a permanent out anywhere... thanks again

Some folks are still driving out here. More are going to ATV's. With todays colder temps, the ice hardned up. If it stays below 35 for a high, it should hold up. We probabaly may not put a great deal of new ice on. I think we can keep the extensions in the closet this year.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

mike,
Has your buddy been up to audubon lately? i was up there tuesday night at nelson bay but never marked a fish. i hear the fishing has really slowed. have u talked to any of your minot relatives today? a train derailed right outside of town about a half a mile away from my house. very bad situation this morning... big dense cloud of anhydrous ammonia went throughout the city, especially the western part where i am. we couldn't even see the end of our driveway the ammonia was so thick, luckily we were able to drive out of the cloud and got out of the valley. 1 person has died and 6 more are intensive care due to breathing the ammonia in. wasn't fun breathing in that stuff even through a wet towel. ther were reports of it reaching as far as westhope 60 miles away!... hope everyone you know was alright..

[This message has been edited by rap (edited 01-18-2002).]

Heard about the derailment this morning. Awful. Doesn't seem that long ago when that other train derailed out by Burlington, the one that burned Chad Yale. That area must be jinxed.

Anyway, from what I hear, the fishing (catching) out at audubon has really died off. Have several different friends who fished different areas last week and this week without any luck. W.N. is pulling his permanent off and putting it on darling. I did hear a rumor that the big perch are/were biting at the ranch up at darling though. Buckets of 1 1/2 lbers is what I heard. But you know how those stories go---by the time you hear about it---it must be old news. Probably worth checking out. I know I would have a hard time resisting.

good luck
mike

[This message has been edited by jacobm (edited 01-18-2002).]