• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing rods

I'm looking for a place in central Mn. that carries the Current noodle rod . They are white with a red tip and supper flexable but they are not a brim rod . They work great for pan fish and tullipee without a bobber .

I have found that fiberglass "noodles" make it very hard to control the jig and with so much play in the tip, bites go undetected from negitive fish. There are two awesome rods you can get online. The Power Noodle from Thorne Bros and the ultra light or light series from Red Barn Rods. These are of the highest of quailty graphite blanks which are stiff enough to control the bait and pick up even the lightest "sniff",but yet they offer the "flex" a guy likes when reeling a fish up. I like this type of rod for Mille Lacs tullibee and perch. Check these rods out,you'll be extremely happy with one. GooD Luck D-man.......

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

I agree with D-man, a lot of the noodle rods are far too flexible. Go with a good sensitive blank, that offers flexibility, sensitivity, and bait control. Thorne Bros. sells some nice rods for this. I have a friend who makes rods, using blanks from Thorne Bros. They are great, a little more expensive than most rods from Gander Mountain, but they are well worth it.

Good Luck,
Rusty

I also agree with D-Man. I bought 2 rods from Red Barn. They are senitive but not wimpy. Frank from Red Barn will give you the rod for your fish style not just try to sell you something. It`s better to buy it right the first time than buy cheap and wishing you didn`t. Fish On