• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need help with aluminum hull

Question

i have some rivets starting to leak and i am trying to find someone who can weld aluminum in the eastern side of the twin cities that don`t want a bloody fortune i don`t mind paying for it but 80 to 100 dollars an hour seems real steep to me. any body got any ideas i would sure appreciate any help.
Basshunter

3 answers to this question

I saw this in a previous forums ad and another party used pickup box liner paint that you roll on yourself and he rolled on a gallon of the paint on the hull. I believe that he used 4 coats and it didn't leak. if you would use a roller that didn't leave to big of a stipple you should be fine. That paint seems to be pretty tough. The only downside is that the hull would be black.

why not just replace the rivets? Pull out the floor and shoot new ones in. If you know anyone who works on airplanes they'll probably do it cheap.

I did the bedliner thing on my duck boat...worked great. I painted the inside, not the outside as was previously stated. It would wear off on the outside. Any questions feel free to contact me.

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail