• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sleeping bags

psegriz

Question

Anyone know what the cold rating for army issue artic extreme sleeping bag is. Need a bag for cold weather and can get a real good deal on one of those. Any other input?

------------------
Goosin now but Ice is coming soon!!
GRIZ

2 answers to this question

psegriz, Is that a mummy style bag just like the military issue? When I was a guest of Uncle Sam, up in Alaska, I once slept out overnight in the back of a duece and a half. The overnight temperature got down to -25F. This mummy bag had 2 layers and you could cinch down the outer layer so the only thing exposed was your nose. I got so warm in this bag that I would occasionally have to work one hand free and using one finger, hold the outer layer open by my nose, just to let a little excess heat out. Being young and dumb at the time, I had also availed myself liberally of lots of liquid anti-freeze refreshments. That is a very dumb thing to do when you are really trying to stay warm. To answer a question you asked me in another post, no I am sorry to say, I do not know any Reed family here in Warroad. I just moved here a year and a half ago so I don't know too many people yet. Wish I did.

------------------
YOU CAN'T talk AN OLD talk'ER!

the new army style ones are whole lot warmer then the goosedown mummy bags of old so id say your pretty safe any time whith one of those bad boys

[This message has been edited by mopho (edited 09-12-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 09-13-2004).]