• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Top speed?

bmc2b

Question

I just bought a lund 17oo fisherman with a johnson 140 4 stroke. Any idea on a top speed? I'm still breaking it in and cant run full throttle for 10 hours. I've been told top speed anywhere from low 40's to 60. Motor has a 3 year warranty, should I get the extended warranty for 3 more years for $1300?

2 answers to this question

Have an 1800 fisherman with same motor. 48mph with a light load. I didnt get the extended warranty. I never get extended warranties on anything. So far so lucky. Dealer told me to give the motor **ll for break in, not baby it. Just make sure you don't run at any constant speed, slow or fast. Just need to seat the valves.

Check out the Suzuki HSOforum. I think they tested the 140 on a Lund 1700. WOT at 600 rpms was around 43 MPH. You may get a little more top end if you try different props and adjust motor height mounting. Here is the link: http://suzukimarine.com/boatbuilders/boattests/lund1700v2.php Yes, I think three years of extended warranty is worth $1300.00.
I would follow the manual for the motor break in.

Sandbar

[This message has been edited by Sandbar (edited 08-20-2004).]