• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Did Vex buy Colorpoint tech ?

rhski

Question

Heard a rumor that Vexilar bought the colorpoint technology out and that is why the colorpoint is being discontinued. Can anyone confirm this? I bought one of the first colorpoints and the only trouble I had was the transducer which they replaced within 48 hours of a phonecall to the company. It has worked perfect ever since but if I have another problem someday who do I call for service? I can see where vex probably has a huge jump on marketing thus we see the new FL18 and an improved FL8? Can anyone shed some lite on this? Thanks!

------------------

2 answers to this question

I was on Hummingbirds site and the news is not good. They are dropping it (colorpoint) all together, but will keep tech. support which I heard has been very poor. I think they really dropped the ball on that one. I almost bought one for a really good deal, but I wanted the support for at least a few more years, decided on an FL-8. Good luck fishing!