Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rhski

Did Vex buy Colorpoint tech ?

3 posts in this topic

Heard a rumor that Vexilar bought the colorpoint technology out and that is why the colorpoint is being discontinued. Can anyone confirm this? I bought one of the first colorpoints and the only trouble I had was the transducer which they replaced within 48 hours of a phonecall to the company. It has worked perfect ever since but if I have another problem someday who do I call for service? I can see where vex probably has a huge jump on marketing thus we see the new FL18 and an improved FL8? Can anyone shed some lite on this? Thanks!

------------------

I do know that Zercom built that unit because Vex's patent had expired on a three color flasher. Hummingbird owns Zercom. Have you contacted either company to confirm the rumor?

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

I was on Hummingbirds site and the news is not good. They are dropping it (colorpoint) all together, but will keep tech. support which I heard has been very poor. I think they really dropped the ball on that one. I almost bought one for a really good deal, but I wanted the support for at least a few more years, decided on an FL-8. Good luck fishing!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I get that, not the point, or i wouldnt have posted in the first place. How about he is stubborn and wont wear a life jacket and instead of freezing in his old deer hunting garb a pair of new outerwear designed for ice fishing would be great and as a bonus add safety?
    • You were definitely against it.  BD not.   And, as the old joke goes, it is a matter of price.   If they can get jobs for 700 bucks a year subsidy per job, might well be worth doing.  On the other hand 200k per job or whatever it really is seems too expensive.     But if you are one of the purists, then oppose everything.    I'm not that doctrinaire. 
    • I thought it was worth mentioning that I;ve found great mounting boards and mounting ideas from checking the catalogs of some taxidermy supply page and catalogs. 
    • I get being concerned about the ones you love, that's aways a good practice, but it seems like no matter how well I try to educate my wife on ice safety and my precautions regarding it, she still thinks I'm going to die.  If they have $400+ to burn, so be it, but I've compromised by saying I'll wear a life jacket out the first time or two.  Seems like a more economical solution to me. 
    • I agree with Hawg and Sea Hage. This is a convection heater and heat rises through the top vents. At 15k BTU the area where you put the fan will reach 300+ deg. f. and deform the fan blades as they are made of plastic. Put the fan at the bottom as suggested. Your main objective is to get hot air circulation through the house. The floor will usually be cooler due to the holes but with the fan blowing at the bottom cold air is returned at the bottom of the heater through circulation. My house is same size as yours. I have a 9k BTU Dura Flame convection heater and tried several fan configurations. I did burn up the fan blades when installed as in you pic running at about 7k BTU. I than converted it to a forced air with air flow fan control using temperature controlled relays. The burner I posted earlier is from that heater where I increased the BTU to 12k. The temp in my house is very consistent floor to ceiling and operates same as my home furnace. May be a bit of overkill for what your looking for but really works well with great comfort at any outside temp and wind.   The bump  on the air duct has 3 four inch compute fans to maintain. Behind the white framed box I put a 4 speed auto fan for fast warm-up I turn off when warm. Runs at 12.5k BTU. The pipe duct going to the door I added this fall to heat my attached flip. Cold air return is opening below the heat chamber and at the auto fan.   When I am not in the house and want to keep it warm, I turn off the temp control relays and open the door to the original convection and turn the heat down.  
    • I have a Crossfire II 4-16x50 on my .308 elk rifle and I love it. Great scope, very clear and bright and Vortex quality. I have not had a single issue with it and the Crossfire is on the budget end of their glass. I've great reports from those with the higher end scopes. I wouldn't hesitate for a second. As far as which one to choose, I find the 50mm scope a little big and heavy. You'll likely have issues mounting to an AR due to its size. Mine had the benefit of the barrel taper allowing for the larger lens to fit. If I had a flat top like an AR it wouldn't fit as well. 
    • This is a post on the low flame issue that was brought up awhile back along with a question. As most said the low flame is normal and says so in the manual. I just picked one up, a used one. Hooked it all up and had very minimal flame. I have several of these units in rental houses so I am able to compare. The unit I just picked up is an abnormally low flame. I took a little square head bolt out of the black pipe that goes directly into the burner and blew it out. This was a mistake as at this point I can not get the burner to light. Ok now I need to get to the burner. I took apart the unit and took the burner out and blew it out real good then reassembled the unit and wa-la great flame and great heat, better then my newer units.   Now for the ? part of my post. I am having a 10degree drop in the temp before the unit starts back up. My other shacks are not much better but a little. Anyone have any experience with this issue?
    • usually 2 weeks to get stuff at st jo.  did brats3 weeks ago. buncha meat sticks this last week  
    • I would get side imaging. The C store has a Garmin echomap 73sv for $450 on Saturday as a doorbuster and $499 on sale.Regularly $999.   I have had 4 different Lowrance units but am 90% sure that I am going to replace my dead Elite 5 with a Garmin graph.Probably the Striker 7SV
  • Our Sponsors