Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GotaBite

strikemaster handi-heater-sucking up Oxygen

3 posts in this topic

Fellas,

I installed a Handi Heater 15,000 btu by Strikemaster today. The stove sits 18" off of the floor. I have two air vents in the walls. They are about 5-6' off the floor. The heater seems to be sucking all the oxygen out of the house right away. Like 10 minutes tops and you need to open the door or get out. What am I doing wrong?? Do I need to relocate my air-vents?? Right next to the heater and low...as in right, right next to the thing??

Also, when I mentioned above that the stove sits 18" off of the floor, I mean I built a stand for the heater that sits 18" off of the floor. Would this have anything to do with the problem?

Thanks for the help!!

Jason

[This message has been edited by GotaBite (edited 12-03-2003).]

[This message has been edited by GotaBite (edited 12-03-2003).]

[This message has been edited by GotaBite (edited 12-05-2003).]

How are you venting it? I have what sounds like the same unit and it works fine. I have my vent pipe going out through the ceiling with an elbow on top (outside) to direct the venting away from the wind.

Thanks.

Yes I'm venting it through the roof with 3" insulated stove pipe as recommended.

Where should my air intake vents be located?

Where are yours?

Thanks again,

Jason