• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

strikemaster handi-heater-sucking up Oxygen

GotaBite

Question

Fellas,

I installed a Handi Heater 15,000 btu by Strikemaster today. The stove sits 18" off of the floor. I have two air vents in the walls. They are about 5-6' off the floor. The heater seems to be sucking all the oxygen out of the house right away. Like 10 minutes tops and you need to open the door or get out. What am I doing wrong?? Do I need to relocate my air-vents?? Right next to the heater and low...as in right, right next to the thing??

Also, when I mentioned above that the stove sits 18" off of the floor, I mean I built a stand for the heater that sits 18" off of the floor. Would this have anything to do with the problem?

Thanks for the help!!

Jason

[This message has been edited by GotaBite (edited 12-03-2003).]

[This message has been edited by GotaBite (edited 12-03-2003).]

[This message has been edited by GotaBite (edited 12-05-2003).]

2 answers to this question

How are you venting it? I have what sounds like the same unit and it works fine. I have my vent pipe going out through the ceiling with an elbow on top (outside) to direct the venting away from the wind.