• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SPARK PLUGS

WALLEYE_HUNTER

Question

HELLO

I GOT A 1995 40 FORCE I GOT THE FLAT KIND OF PLUGS IN IT KNOW IS THERE AWAY I CAN PUT ONES IN LIKE CARS GOT???

------------------
"If it doesn't have teeth and a white spot on it's tail, I don't want it in my boat"

1 answer to this question

The best thing you'll ever do for that Force is to throw away the surface gap plugs and get marine Splif Fire spark plugs. I have a '91 Force 120 and it runs much better with Split Fires. You can find them in Checker Auto. Mine are Split Fire #SF263D plugs. My old Merc. took the same plug. You may need to compart to see that the thread is the same and that it doesn't protrude too deeply into the cylider. If the plug tip doesn't hit the piston at the top of it's motion, it'll be ok.