• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

75 hp mercury//plugs.

Dakota Iceman

Question

This is a little lazy on my part. Im at work, dont have my serial number for the motor handy. Would anyone know the spark plug numbers i should be looking for at cabelas over lunch hour? It is a 1995 oil injected outboard.

2 answers to this question

I have a '94 75hp Merc, and it uses either NGK's BUWH-2 (factory originals) or you could try Champion L78V or L76V. I just put the L76V's in on my brother-in-law's advise (he's a marine mechanic) He said they burn a little hotter but they wouldn't hurt anything....so far so good. When I was running the L78V's, they seemed to stay a little wetter and he said maybe the hotter running plugs would help out getting a better burn.

I have a '94 75hp Merc, and it uses either NGK's BUWH-2 (factory originals) or you could try Champion L78V or L76V. I just put the L76V's in on my brother-in-law's advise (he's a marine mechanic) He said they burn a little hotter but they wouldn't hurt anything....so far so good. When I was running the L78V's, they seemed to stay a little wetter and he said maybe the hotter running plugs would help out getting a better burn. Does your outboard's old plugs have a gap or not? These plugs I mentioned do not. There's just the nipple.