• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Top Pike Lures

John, I think you will be ok with whatever you throw at the gators. Try a rusty tin can! J/K. June/summer pike in Canadian LOW are always eager to bite on red and white daredevils, colorful raps, chartruese spinnerbaits, etc. Locals should help when you are up there, but just bring your tackle box topped up with all the lures and leaders and you'll have fun.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Hey Guys:
I'm going up to Canada in a couple of weeks, and have never really seriously fished for pike, (only through the ice with tip-ups!) So I need some lure Help!!!!! What would be your top 3 or 4 choices for lures????? What are your must have items that I simply MUST take along. We will be fishing in central Saskatchewan ( Lac la Ronge area) From June 13th - 20th. Please include size, colors, and any other info. All post will be GREATLY appreicated.
Thanks alot!
John

Thanks Hemlock! I can't wait. this will either be the trip of a lifetime, or the start of a summer tradition. ( I hope the latter!)The walleyes are the main priority, but look forward to catching some Pike fever, while I'm up there. Another Question; Line for Pike, my plan is 20lb Mono with Titanium leaders. What do you think, a good idea, or should I go with something else. Any other helpful tid-bits are greatly appreciated, since I am truly a Pike novice.
John