• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Springpole Lake

Have any of you guys ever fished Ontario's Springpole Lake? This summer I will take my fifth straight annual trip and I was just wondering if any of you other FMer's had visited this amazing body of water. Let me know, I'd love to talk.

Haven't fished Springpole but last year was our first to Birch which is next to it. Caught my first lake trout on Birch. We book through Greens Outfitters. Any recommendations on laker lures?

Finns,

We almost made our way up to Birch by going through several set of rapids but didn't quite get there. Congrats on the Laker, I caught my first on Springpole actually.

Since our trip is in early July, we have to find the Lakers in deep water (usually 80+ feet). I have had my best luck on a 2-3 oz. jigs tipped with large Shiners. We have also caught them on airplane jigs as well. How about you? Any lures you prefer?

How is the fishing on birch? Are there any additional species such as Small Mouth or Muskie? We are hoping to portage into Birch this year in search of some monsters.

Thanks for the reply! Have a nice day!

Walleye, Northern and Lakers are what we've caught so far on Birch. Surprisingly I caught my Laker on a Wiggle Wart in about 10 feet of water. Flutter spoons are what I'm going to try this year. We don't use live bait. On such a large lake it is going to take some time to find the hotspots for the fish. If you get over to Birch we will be at Greens Outpost cabin. Drop by for a beer.