• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout and Walleye tactics, trolling questions

First of all a big "How do you do?!" (but my name is NOT Sue!) to all my fellow fishermen and women and hunters!!

Questions:
1. How do you fish lakers when in Canada? We fished Eagle Lake (Vermilion Bay), ON last June 15th and picked up only 1 laker trolling a silver and blue Shad Rap. We will be returning this mid-June (can't beat Canada, can ya?) Anybody try Lake Superior-type tactics (dipseys, flashers and spoons or plugs) or have any tactics that they would be willing to share for Lakers?

2. Trolling for Walleye--anyone use planer boards? Same time last year at Eagle Lake, got a few walleyes trolling but think many may have been spooked by the boat. Again, any tips and tactics would be appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!!

TomBow, welcome to the Canada forum.

I fish Lakers in Canada with lots of flash, and live bait if the season/regulations permit. Cisco or Sucker minnows trailing behind lots of shine and glitter. Some guys shorefish (I'm not a big fan, tougher to release them) Some jig in deep water. Some cast shiney spoons, and most troll for lakers.

Walleye are pretty straight forward. Bottom bouncers with crawlers or minnows, or jigging with a minnow usually produces. I've also done surpisingly well at sunset trolling mepps spinners in shallower water (10').

Hope this general info helps you somehow.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"