• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spin Casting Reels

Question

What are the best quality "Spin Casting" Reels? I am interested in three categfories:
1) light
2) for 8-12 lb test
3) for 14-20 lb test

I hear a lot about bait casting and spinning reels, but never anything about spin casting reels.

1 answer to this question

Dan,

While most spinning and bait casting reels on the market have gotten better spin cast reels still seem to get worse. Changing them to all plastic pieces and such. However there is one great spin cast reel out there in my humble opinion. Daiwa makes a line called the Silver Cast and the Gold Cast. Both are excellent reels and come in a variety of sizes. The Silver Cast retails for $19.99 at most places. It comes in a size 40 which is a great size for kids and people with smaller hands. The operation of the reel is smooth and it takes in line nicely. Hope this helps.

Good Luck
Chev