Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

  • Announcements

    • Rick

      Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

      Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!


Water leakage inside the wall.

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody could help or point me to a recommended contractor that could help me with this.


My house is leaking a tiny amount of water down in the basement in the bedroom that is directly below the kitchen sink. Water is coming out of the wall and onto the floor  whenever water is turned on in the kitchen sink for 10 to 15 minutes non-stop it will start to leak a little water out, not much,  but enough to notice.  


Any ideas on how to diagnose this leakage inside the wall without having to damage the walls too much?  Do you also know of any contractors with experienced in this sort of stuff located in the Saint Paul and Maplewood area?


Thanks . 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the water and drain lines for the sink come up through the floor of the cabinet or do they come out of the back wall? One way or the other I suspect it is a drain problem. 


I would start with the P trap first. Check all fittings and make sure they are tight and sealed. If it is chrome, I have seen them corrode and crack which causes leaks and eventually results in a rupture. Bad gaskets by the strainer basket can also be the cause. Also check the shutoff valves and supply line fittings from where they connect to the faucet to where they exit the cabinet to make sure it isn't coming from them through a bad seal or fitting.


If all that checks out then you need to go deeper. If the lines go through the floor of the cabinet you may need to open that up to find the cause of the leak. If they go through the back wall and nothing is leaking inside the cabinet then you will need to open the wall up in order to diagnose and correct the problem.


You will want to check the yellow pages and find a plumber that serves your area. They can find and fix the leak and then depending on what needs to be opened up to fix the probem, you will need a carpenter or handyman to button it back up. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like open the under sink cabinet and see if it is wet in there?   I agree, that since it only happens when the faucet is on it is most likely a drain issue.   If it was a source thing it shouldn't matter if the faucet is on or not....

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

water restoration companies or plumbers would be who to contact.  Water restoration companies have gadgets that can detect amount of moisture in an area of the wall and with that you should be able to know precisely where the wall needs to be opened up.  Just know that if there is a leak and it has been going on for a bit there is more than likely mold that is growing behind that wall and then you are in a whole new ball game.  Faster you get someone on it the less expensive it will be

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now