• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance X91 OR Garmin Fishfinder 240?

tjwierz2

Question

I am considering getting the Lowrance X91 or Garmin 240. I know the Garmin is a little cheaper....but which one is the better unit? How many of you guys have either of these? Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

Personally, I would skip the X-91 and buy the new model which is probably still cheaper. The X-91 and X-97 are overkill unless you are fising in the Ocean and need to display depths at 1000 feet. Not too many fisherman need this. The X-87 is much cheaper this year and has all the same features of last years.

Now with that said, I would again save another $90 and buy the Eagle FishMark 320. It is the exact same unit as the Lowrance X-87. Comes out of the same factory, just different color and logo. This unit is quite a bit cheaper than either of the ones you mentioned and I would recommend it.

Just my .02. I have heard good things about Garmin as well. Can't go wrong with any of these units. Just depends on budget and what you are looking for.

There is one difference in the x87 to the Fish Mark 320 it is that the X87 has a fast track flasher mode which the Fish Mark doesn't have that but it does have the Fast track bar on the edge of the screen which both units have. For the price and what you get I think that the Fish Mark is the better unit. Also something to consider is that the Garmin Unit you are looking at has 240x240 pixels as compared to the x87 and Fish Mark 320 which have 320x320. More pixels better picture. Good luck with the decision.