Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

perchking

Google sketch up help

4 posts in this topic

I have found a welder that is going to build me a 8x12 aluminum skid house frame. I downloaded Google sketch up and frankly have no idea how to start. Does anyone have a 8x10 or 12 sketch up template they are willing to share? I am fine making tweaks to ensure I am building my dream skid house. 

Thanks

12 hours ago, perchking said:

I have found a welder that is going to build me a 8x12 aluminum skid house frame. I downloaded Google sketch up and frankly have no idea how to start. Does anyone have a 8x10 or 12 sketch up template they are willing to share? I am fine making tweaks to ensure I am building my dream skid house. 

Thanks

Everyone on here building these awesome plans makes the old man and me seem like we should be on the red green show ha!  We stuck with graph paper and a pencil with a BIG eraser!  Good luck, I like seeing plans from those who are better prepared than us!

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 10.55.58 AM.png

Here is a crude Sketch up drawing of the 4x6 skid/spear house that we'll be building soon.  This is 2"x4" 16 gauge tube steel runners, 2"x2" 16 gauge outside framing members welded to the skids, and 1"x2" 16 gauge steel cross members.  The little hash marks on the outside are where the 4' siding seams will be located, based on starting from each side of the entry door.  

Moon Lake Refuge likes this

Moon Lake, you're light years ahead of me even with the graph paper, I just start cutting wood! I have done enough over the years to be fairly good at it but sketch up is definitely the way to go if I had the patience to learn it. 

Moon Lake Refuge likes this