• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Options for Sleeper rentals

MNBEEF

We have gotten a sleeper rental on mille lacs in the past, only got a few eyes each time and with the new regs. possibly looking for some place new.  Are there any suggestions for lakes,areas,resorts etc. opinions and thoughts are very appreciated.  Our group will be 4-5.

Thanks for the Help

MNBEEF

I made the switch from Mille Lacs to Red about 5 years ago and haven't had a single regret.   There are a number of good outfitters that rent sleepers up there and I have heard great things about all of them.  I've been renting through Portavilla though since making the move to URL (http://www.portavilla.com/villawp/).   Their houses are some of the nicest I've ever stayed in and have always made sure we were on fish; even if they have to move to 10x28 house that we're in.  I would suggest jumping soon though; Red Lake rentals fill up quickly!  I made my reservation few months ago to make sure I got on the first week of January.

Edited by Rberg

Thanks, That was one of our thoughts too.  1 guy in our group said he was at Red 10 years ago and did great on eater eyes, have things/numbers changed for the better or worse since around 2005?

MNBEEF

Changed for the better.  The fishery is in great shape and there are alot of larger (20"+)  eyes in the lake.

Limit this winter (at least to start) is three fish, with one over 17" allowed.  And there is a nice population of eater perch in the lake now too.