• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance LCX-25 C and GPS module ?

Avid Angler

Question

Hello all,

My dad recently bought a boat that came with a LCX-25C. We took it out for the first time and realized the GPS puck isn't working. It is a LGC 2000. I tried looking on-line for a new one and can't find one. I was wondering if there are other models that will work with this unit or if someone has one that works?

Thanks.

Avid

2 answers to this question

LGC 2000 was discontinued years ago and was replaced by 3000, then 4000 and now the Point1 GPS. I am not sure any of those will work with that unit however. You may be best off searching for a used one.

since this is a new to you boat, one question. The GPS pucks require a dedicated power source. In that generation they could have been powered either being spliced in to the power cable that powers the LCX OR they could have had a separate power node just for the puck itself. Either way there should be an inline fuse. Check to make sure that isn't blown.

Another thing is since the puck will draw juice even when the GPS is OFF, make sure that the previous owner doesn't have it wired to a master control or accessory switch that must be turned on before it will work. You do want it hooked to a switch of some sort, but I thought perhaps this was something you may have overlooked or had not been aware of.

Next thing would be to call the prior owner and ask for thoughts or how exactly he had it wired and go from there.

Avid.  I had an LCX-25c and had my GPS puck fail.  I bought a LGC-3000 (I think I also needed go get ethernet network).  It worked better than the LGC-2000 ever did.  I don't remember the exact configuration, since I sold my 25c in May.  You should be able to find instructions on Google.