• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Burbot for the what?!?!

pumper317

Hey everyone,

I caught a eelpout this last weekend that was something to see. Some of the best color I have ever seen on one, as well as a pretty good size one for Winnie, where I caught it. I am pondering getting a replica mount of the fish, and am looking for suggestions for a good place to look. They are goofy creatures, but amazing all in one. Definitely my favorite winter quarry.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks Aaron. I have emailed him back and fort ha little, but then he will not email me back or answer his phone. Not sure if he fell of the planet or not??? I told him to go ahead and start the process and that was the last I heard of him.

Pretty Burb!

A couple things:

-Hopefully Josh got back to you, I know he is pretty busy right now. He is the only guy I'd go to, especially with an non-typical species.

-Hopefully there are replica blanks in the size you need. That is one common problem with mounts of atypical fish - blanks of the right species and size. I know Josh has a bunch of blanks that he makes himself but the less common the fish is for mounting the more limited your options are, in regards to exact size.