• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice House / toy hauler

Iceman1026

I'm looking at getting a new wheel house with the ramp door so I can put my 4 wheeler for snowmobile in it when I go fishing or using it for duck hunting and camping. I want to keep as much floor space as possible just wondering what other people have for a set up pictures would be great. I know I want a bigger bed in the back and 2 on the sides I'm thinking then I'll have more floor space and the cooktop and oven up in the front v along with the bathroom side by side. Any input/advice would be great thanks

I have double side hinged doors on the back of my Ultra shack. We like it because it gives another access door on that end which is very convenient. You don't need a ramp if you can crank it down without unhooking from the vehicle, or just put it down flat. it's great for 4-wheeler or portable. You do need to get a trailer license tho if you haul stuff like this in it. Not a big deal, you can get the permanent license. This is in addition to the house license. Stan C.

I've got a 6.5 x 20 w/ 4 ft v nose toy hauler. We bought it used with two removable bunks in the back for when you are bringing the four wheeler. This was not the set up we wanted so we removed the bottom bunk and build a RV style table that drops down to a double bed. We made the benches so that they fold up out of the way when loading 4 wheeler/snowmobile. The rest of the house is wide open with the stove/cabinets in the v-nose. This gives us lots of space to fish (16ft and 10 holes) and if we have more then 2 guys we bring one or two cots with. We have thought about building some fold down bunks on the side but the reality is that we usually only have 2 people w/ and when we have more the cots work perfectly. Take them out during day and set them up at night. Still able to have 5 rattle reels in water and pathway out door all night long. House fishes and sleeps 4 very comfortably. Only draw back is 6.5 wide. If I did it again would go with 8 ft wide as I am 6ft and would like alitte more wiggle room for my toes!

muskielaw

I bought a shelled version of this a couple years back and it is great. Basically a crank down cargo trailer with a ramp door. I added the holes where I wanted them. Have plans to finish but have not yet. Mine is 7x14 and can fit a Polaris Ranger 500 inside.

I like becasue i use for so many things other than just fishing, in fact I've only set her down a few times for fishing, mainly haul the snowmobile and otter to the lake and go.