• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buddy Heater question

Cheers

Question

Just purchased a regular Buddy heater , I know there was a lot of issues before with them. Is there any do:s or d:onts I should know ? Do I need a filter ? Is there a better or worse hose to use when going to a #20 tank ?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

I got big buddy last winter, and I don't have any issues. I use a 20# as well, and I had to buy the hose and filter, but I didn't get the better hose. There is one that has the "quick connect" on it. Get that. I have to screw my hose into the heater, and I wish I had the quick connect. I still will buy it, but it hasn't been in stock at the 2 places I stopped at. I don't know if the quick connect has a filter already or not. I was told " to use both burners, I need to have the quick connect hose, or a splitter to run a hose to each side of the heater from 1 tank. I dont have either, but I run 1 hose to 1 side, and I put it on high, and both burners work. Even on a single 1#, on only 1 side of the heater....I got both burners on.

If you just bought it and haven't used it yet, I'd return it for the big buddy heater. The big buddy heater is a lot warmer, has a built in fan, and not that much more $$ than the regular buddy heater. I use the hose made for the unit and run a 20 lb. tank. It is so much easier to connect with the quick connect. Also, this saves money in the long run. The 1 lb. bottles can get quite expensive to use.

This is what I suggest if you want to use the 1lb tanks as backup.

Buy the adapter so you can re-fill the 1lb bottles using your BBQ 20# tank. After 16 or so refills the adapter is paid for.

Also another suggestion for you is to make sure you buy a filter, this will help prevent and limit future clogs.