• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vex value pack or Pro pack??????????????

hardhat

Question

What is the difference between the VexFL8 Value pack and Pro Pack. The value pack is alot cheaper and their web-site says the Value pack doesn't come with all the "bells and whistles" like the Pro pack. Can anyone clarify this? Also I fish in water less than 60 feet deep. Would I be better off getting the 19 degree ice ducer or the dual beam to switch back in forth? Thanks for your help.

7 answers to this question

The FL8's come in several pakages--go to reedssports.com and click on winter fishing then do a search for Vexilar--they have about 6 different packages you can choose from.

They are awesome on price and ship at no extra charge.

------------------
Chells

I have the vexilar economy/value pack. Didn't get the pro-pack because they didn't have any left at the time.
There are a few accessories that you don't get with the economy/value pack but after using the economy pack, I don't think I am missing out. I did buy a smart charge ($25)for the unit, which I would have bought for the pro-pack anyway, so that I could see the battery level and also so I wouldn't over charge it. The carrying case is rectangular and I think it is smaller than the pro-pack carrying case.
I think the only difference is a couple of "extras". I think the actual unit and transducer are the same. I am not sure about the battery. You would think that was the same. I think Gander has all their vex's on sale. You might want to give them a call. Anyway, good luck with your purchase.

The pro pack gives you the round case, which fits into a bucket (so does the value pack's rectangle) and a battery meter. I don't see lots of value in the meter. You need to charge the battery after every time you use it, and it only last for 12 hours per charge. Therefore, save the 30 bucks and buy another battery, and you'll know darn well that you have a good battery.

Thanks for the replies. I actually sent Vexilar an e-mail this morning and they sent me back a reply within 2 hours. Sounds like great customer service. I think I will go with the Pro pack dual ducer. For 40 dollars more I get the Battery meter and basically an extra ice ducer. Heck the 9 degree ice ducer alone is almost 80.00 and the meter is 18.00. The Pro Pack sounds like the better deal.