• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter pro cottage Reviews

DRH1175

I am looking for a bigger 1 man house. The Cottage seems to foot the bill. Can this house be lifted fairly easy by yourself? I sold my Voyager because it was a chore. And as I fish almost always by myself or in a group with seperate houses this seems to be a good looking option. What are others thoughts on this house? My other options are the JM pro Thermal, or a Frabil Trekker. I do like the otter the best because of a good house to pull behind my atv. Thanks!

I have mine for 3 seasons now, best bang for the buck, I load it my self, I mounted snow skis for easer pulling by hand and mostly have to pull it here in PA that sucks, best in weight class and size. I have reflex foil on the inner roof for heat, I would try the thermal if I need to replace the canvas , but it adds weight.. tried a few others but Otter is the best

Roomy enough for one guy, and enough room to set hooks?

I too am curious about this question. I had the JM Pro Thermal and had trouble hitting the roof with hooksets even when using 24" poles. I sold it and have been looking for a worthy replacement. Been leaning towards the canvas craft as they are tall enough to stand up in but the price tag has kept me from buying so far.

For Me I actually want 2 houses. I am thinking about the cottage for myself. As I mostly fish by myself. Next year I then would like to buy a lodge for when we do go on our trips and fish 2 to a house. 2 houses cause 90% of the time I am by myself and want something that can be loaded and hauled around by 1 guy.

Whether you hit the roof on hook sets depends on a few things, length or rod, how high you like to lift the rod on the hookset, and how tall you are and how long your arms on. I own an Otter Den (smaller than the Cottage) and being 5' 7" I don't hit the ceiling on hook sets.