• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Line Twist

BassKnuckles

Put a small swivel in line to help reduce line twist. I noticed the same thing the other night when using my EC to jig, I was getting a lot of line twist where when I was using my Wicked Ice (spinning) i was not. I was jigging a lot more aggressively with the EC though.

Swivels , to me make sense in situations where the lure spins as when trolling or casting during summer months.

Maybe also in the winter if jigging allot but in the winter the line is simply coiled due to memory in the monofilament.

Once you decide on the depth you are fishing strip off a extra ten yards or so then grasp the line starting at the rod tip and in both hands and streeeeeeeeeetch it from the tip of the rod at arms length at a time until you reach the hook. Once you manually stretch the length of the line being used the memory, coils or memory will be gone. smile

Well I didn't like the thought of just adding a swivel to my lure and I wasn't sure if that was the route he was trying to go but I went through some of my Bassmasters mags and found something that I tried tonight.

Basically it had you run the line through the middle of a book and place some heavier book or books on top of that one. This is suppose to help remove any line twists or at least prevent it. Prior to doing that though I had some extra 50lb braid that I had no plan on using and and I used that to fill up most of the reel. From what I understand is the point of using the fly reels is because it is a bigger diameter than your traditional spinning reels. When you add the filler prior to your line this helps make the diameter larger obviously and that helps prevent line twists and memory on the line.