• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bottom Bouncers

Question

I have never used a bottom bouncer, and I was speaking with a resort owner on a lake that I am going to fish, and he recommended using one. My question is what is the best type of situation to use one? the lake I am going to be fishing is a Mucky bowel type of lake. The depth does not go beyond 15 feet.
Any info will help.

Thanks ~TJ~

2 answers to this question

Hello,
Most of the time resort owners know the trick and are a good source of info. My only concern is using a bottom bouncer in such shallow water. The times I have used them were significantly deeper, 30+. That's my two cents. I'm sure you will get a different perspective on the use of a bottom bouncer from other people in the know. Multiple usage I'm sure! Good Luck Jim W

TCARLSON, I'm going to fish the exact type of lake in Polk Co.(Maple Lake). What works great for me is a Foam Walker. It's a Bottom Bounce, Lindy Rig type of unit thats a great Finesse rig. Pull a floater rig behind it and work it as slow as you want for best results. Check it out at www.icebusterbobbers.com and click onto the Foam Walker. Good Luck, Bruce M

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com