• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any suggestions for 8X10 house?

Question

I was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions for improving my 8X10 fishouse? My friends and I built it over the summer and currently it is on wheels. The interior has carpet bunks and two lights running off of 12 V battery(which doesn't work very well) I am just looking for some neat tricks to add to it. Thanks for your help and good fishin to ya

3 answers to this question

What color is your ceiling. I was having the same problem with light in my 6.5X12. I have a white ceiling in mine now, and I put a light above ever hole in it and it is awesome so I have 6 lights. I have lots of light now and it is. I run it off of my deep cycle trolling motor batteries from the summer. They last about 3 nights of fishing for me if they are fully charged.

Can crusher, Indoor/Outdoor thermometer, Carbon monoxide detector, fire extinguisher, battery charge indicator, coat hooks, shelving, cabinets, 12 volt fan for warm air circulation, radio/TV, swimsuit calendar wink.gif ... etc.

One other thing I do is scan in and print out a bunch of your favorite fishing/hunting photos and stick them on the wall. I've got aboout 20 pix on the wall and visitors to the shack love to look at 'em when the fishing is slow.

Another neat trick is to build small shelves out of clear plexiglas about 2.5 feet over each hole. They won't cast a shadow on your bobbers 'cause they're clear but they are very handy for snacks, beer etc. The trick is to hinge them so they can be folded up so as not to interfere with your auger while drilling holes.

PolarBear

Regarding lights, we used the small lights that you would find in you car's taillights, etc. We used mostly the double filament ones (I think #1157). You can pick them up at any auto part store. You usually can get the socket for them there as well, otherwise any junkyard. Just ran the same wire that is in the vehicle and run it off of our trolling motor battery (put alligator clips on the battery end). We use a small aligator clip (radio shack) right by the light and use that to turn each light on and off. They work great, dont drain much and dont take up much space at all.