• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

anyone using the Shoremaster Voyager?

Sturge1

Question

I have a Fishtrap 2, and will buy a larger sled within the next couple of weeks. I like the Otter but this Shoremaster has alot of room and enough headroom to spear in. Does anyone have experience with this sled. Set up take down pull on ice.
Thanks
Sturge

5 answers to this question

My no. 2 son has one that I have shared with him and borrowed a few times. It seems to be very rugged and will hold a ton of stuff. You're right about it having a lot of room; you could hold dances in it. But it is rather heavy, especially if you tow it on foot, and it takes a while to set up, compared to some I've seen. He bought his without seats, so we use a plank laid lenghthways. Anyone know where we can get proper seats for it?

Sturge1

I have used the Shoremaster Voyager a few times and found it to be a very superior house. They have what I feel is a great construction, better windows and seem to be a solid house. They also have a longer apron on them to pack snow or ice around to further help seal off cold air. Thumbs up from me on this house.

Jeff
Scenic Tackle

I am on my second winter in a Shoremaster Jigger. It's smaller than the Voyager but uses the same tub/sled. I have extensively customized it to fit my needs. The best thing about the tub is that it's square on top which makes it possible to move the seats farther apart for more elbow room when fishing in there with two people. And it comes with a free rubberized, bungeed canvas cover for travel..........I built custom seats for mine that have rod storage capabilities underneath....All in all, a nice shelter with an affordable price tag......T