Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to set my Lowrance X-75?

4 posts in this topic

I fish lakes and rivers,I rarely fish deeper than 35 ft. I like to run my locator in manual mode but there are three settings I don't know what they are and what they do.One option is Digital Sonar with 3 options,Off 192 50, where do I want this set at? Next is 192 SCC what % do I want this?Next is ASP with 3 options,Off Norm High,where do I want this set? It seems to work fine with the factory settings but I would like to use the locator to it's fullest extent. Any advice would be helpful.

I own an X-75 and I know what you mean, but I haven't used the locator for so long I don't know those settings off hand. The best way to figure it all out would be to take it out to some water you are familiar with and just play with the settings to fine tune it to your needs.

The digital sonar is refering to the type of transducer you are useing, the X-75 can be used with a 192 Khz or a 50 Khz. Unless you bought a seperate 50 Khz trans leave this setting in 192.
SCC is surface clarity control it allows you to set how much "noise" you want to see on the top of your display. A personal choice on this setting.
Asp is auto signal processing, this determins how much noise is seen in the bulk of your display. I cancels out a lot of unwanted returns from small targets. If you are looking for the thermocline turn it off otherwise the normal setting works fine.

Rob

Thanks Guys your replies were very helpful and much appreciated! Thank You

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I'm looking for suggestions on a dog blind for duck hunting. My son wants to train his lab pup to stay in a blind in the duck boat anybody have any suggestions on brand or what to look for.  
    •   Gee whiz, it took me 2 seconds to google it. Looks like it was The Hill.
    • Sure puts the Ion to shame.... 
    •     You're ok with the status quo, too, but you have never provided any rational explanation as to why.      
    • I am flying from Phoenix to Omaha tomorrow evening.  I do not remember the last time i drove in snow.  hopefully it will be plowed by the time i get in at 730pm.  
    • What's wrong with letting adults decide what they do with themselves and letting states make the calls when necessary?    As to your second paragraph, does oxycontin get treated like ibuprofen? Are all legal drugs treated the same or are there standards used for certain types of legalized drugs?    At the core I don't like the feds involved in regulating drugs,guns,tobacco etc but if I have to choose between making them illegal,which sends them underground where there is no consistency, no standards, no way if the consumer being able to know what they are buying and legalizing them where at least they are subject to some measures of consistency in manufacturing then I would grudgingly take the latter.    You always seem to get hung up on this all or nothing kick when there are other options that can be used.     
    • Well I went to the dealership to order my vinyl and lucky I did, one of the salesman told me the precut wood I had ordered is sized for carpet and not vinyl. If I use the vinyl I'd have a quarter inch gap or so in between the pieces...So now I'm gonna go with carpet which sucks since I had my heart set on vinyl...oh well
    • By the time the wedder morjits are done hyping it down here, it'll be the storm of the century, with thousands stranded and the National Guard dropping supplies from C-130's., pulled down the runway by herds of reindeer. 
    • I was up last weekend.  It was my 3rd trip of the year.  I canceled my rooms for my March trip.  Call the Hamilton House...2 rooms just opened up for the 8-11th of March.     There's a ton of Walleyes in LW, but debatable how many big ones.  Big fish seem to be in decline.  Pick any reason you want, but it's a fact.  The big fish are nowhere near as prevalent.  That doesn't mean you won't catch one...or multiple...but you're going to have to work.  If you're not in the fish, move.  If you find fish, but not bigger ones...move.   I'm a mover...I'll move 5 times in a day easy.  I know guys who will wait it out all day and they might be the guys who catch some big fish, but they're usually the guys who only catch a few eaters and nothing big.  just my opinion.  Good luck and above all, don't let all the fisherman completely devoid of courtesy be justification to abandon yours.  
    • hahaha just watched the 6 o'clock news, doesn't sound like anything north of the twin cities is going to get anything.
  • Our Sponsors