• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo Quick Flip II

MN

Question

I have seen this on sale and am curious if anyone has any feedback. I like the size and the price but I am concerned about the canvas- you can see thru it.

I have a Fishtrap II now that is getting some holes - any feedback?

MN

4 answers to this question

I purchased one of these, like you said size form and function are nice but canvas stinks. Mine was new in the box so I didn't realize the tent wasn't the same as the display model, which had excellent canvas. Check the one you buy there are diffent grades of cloth. I contacted ardisam they are sending me a new skin of high quality for free.

I've looked at them but I ended up gettting a fish trap guide because when I sat in them they let alot of light in. I also talked to some guys on the ice about them and they didnt like all the light that came in and he said they dont do well in wind they were very flimsey. Hope this will help and good luck.

Dan

MN,
I just got mine for Xmas and the ice here in western SD sucks so I've only used it once and you're right the canvas is quite light. It didn't seem like it it was built that flimsy as stated before but when I put it inside for storage I slid it on it's side and burned a hole in it right off the bat. It's my first portable so I really don't have a lot to compare it to.

I have the eskimo traveler. The best that I can say for the eskimo products is that they tend to be cheaper than most of the rest. You don't get cheaper using the same products as the more expensive lines.

Hence cheaper = cheap