• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cutting vents in old nylon portable

say_der

Question

Anybody here ever cut vent holes in their portable? I have an older one that doesn't have any in it and I'm thinking I might want some now that I have a propane heater. It's a catalytic one, but I think better safe than sorry.

What would work good for vents? It's more of a nylon type material than a canvas. Would this stuff fray and fall apart? Is it worth trying to create a flap and using velcro or should I just slice holes in it?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

You might try just putting a few grommets in it, then punch the fabric out of the holes. That should alleviate any potential problem from fraying. I don't know how many you would need, but you could always cover them with cloth flaps, duct tape, etc. and have a variable capacity ventilation system. Good luck.