• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter SR Series ATV Trailers

- I am a big fan of Otter Outdoors fishouses, so when I saw the new SR series trailers, I had to get one. I received it last December, so I did not get a chance to really work it out until this spring. I have been very happy, and keep finding more uses for it. This is no run of the mill metal ATV trailer. It flat outhauls everything else I have ever used. My model has a 1500 pound capacity, and torsion axels. It tracks very nicely with a load, with none of the bouncing around that solid axles tend to do. It also has a tilt tongue, and swivels when tilted. The box is the same rugged construction that the Otter fish house tubs are famous for. I had to move a woodpile this spring that was flooding out. I spilt it where it laid, and then hauled it to the new location with the trailer. This is a wet, heavy load of oak. otteroak.jpg After all the wood had been moved, I had a few loads of wet bark and mud. This stuff was REALLY heavy, and I am sure I exceeded 1500 pounds easily. The trailer handled it with ease, though the 4 wheeler strained going up hills. otterbarkmulch.jpg I had a few cave in spots in the yard caused from beavers and muskrats. I can no longer get my truck safely in that part of my yard, but I wanted to fill in the giant holes up. Cue the trailer and the 4 wheeler again. This is a load of black dirt mixed with peat. It is wet and very heavy. My truck is a 3/4 ton Dodge, and that load pretty much had the springs flat. I was able to move the entire load in four trips with the trailer. Beats the heck out of a wheelbarrow! otterdirt.jpg I heartily endorse this trailer, and I have two neighbors thinking of buying one, along with a couple friends who farm.

I rate this trailer a 5 out of 5 stars.