Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Captain B.R.K

Mono vs. Superline for LAKERS

For deep water fishing, I find superlines to be much better. The sensitivity is better, and more important there is no stretch. I use a small barrel swivel between the two. That way I can tie a palomar knot with both of them, and the swivel prevents twisting. My leaders are usually about 2 ft.

Good luck -

ScottO

p.s. Buckshot Rattle Spoons were the hot ticket last year on Lake Superiors Chequamegon Bay. Give them a try - the lakers like them!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Down this way I have been getting most my fish around weed edges and weed clumps. Trigs for good edges and chatterbaits worked on bottom or over the weeds, kinda how I would fish a jig. Water around here is pretty murky right now. Docks have been good on those lakes with dirty water and not so many weeds.
    •   You'd poke yer eye out. 
    • Hi, from the Northwest Angle! Water temps are staying consistently in the low 70’s.

Stateside, walleye fishing has been good from Lunatic to Garden Islands. The edges of islands and reefs in 22-29’ will provide walleye, perch and occasional large pike. Most productive methods have been minnows on gold spinners and deep diving crank baits in UV tiger, clown and blue/chrome.

Canadian walleyes can be had jigging minnows with gold, pink, and chartreuse on edges of reefs.  Monkey Rocks is holding many schools of fish currently, as well as, reefs south of Deepwater Bay. Bottom bouncing outside these reefs will produce fish as well. Muskie fishing has slowed a little, however nice fish in upper 40’s can be caught in “windows” of time, usually coinciding with Majors and Minors.

We hope to see you for some fantastic fall fishing & hunting!
    • He isn't going to set the world on fire, but only been a minus guy 3 times in his entire career. While Scandella is a -10 for his career. Quincey is more physical so I think that will be good. There is probably more upside with Scandella, no, definitely there could be, but he was really terrible last year. Perhaps Quincey gets paired with Dumba. That would be good for Dumba because when he was paired with Leopold he had his best stats following picking him up.
    • cloudy and rainy here today is gonna take all the fun out it. I do know the fish didn't cooperate for a sundown bite last night.
    • After two years cables go too.  Its all about maintenance.  If you case them and keep them lubed up there are plenty of people that have had electric jacks for may years.  Good reason its becoming almost a standard upgrade on many RV's out there.  Will report back, we are pulling the house back from the lake in a couple  weeks so should get a start on it inside of the month.
    • Any type of charging/starting systems should ALWAYS be fused. Basic wiring 101. If not, and you fry the he** out of something, no complaints are allowed.
    • The guy that built my frame talked me out of them. He said the first yr or two there great. Then problems start, he said I would be coming back to him and putting a winch system back on. He said he has taken the electric off lots of frames and put them back to winch system.   With the two speed winch and a cordless drill it is so easy.
    • The only thing to use them for, If I had one!      
  • Our Sponsors