Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain B.R.K

Mono vs. Superline for LAKERS

3 posts in this topic

Heading up to LOTW and Crow Lake area in January. Which will be a better fit for lake trout fishing, jiggin with mono or a superline (I'm talking fireline). Thoughts guys?

-B

PLEASE READ!

Want to know the best way to attach mono to my fireline. IS there one knot that is better than others?

HELP!!!!!!

For deep water fishing, I find superlines to be much better. The sensitivity is better, and more important there is no stretch. I use a small barrel swivel between the two. That way I can tie a palomar knot with both of them, and the swivel prevents twisting. My leaders are usually about 2 ft.

Good luck -

ScottO

p.s. Buckshot Rattle Spoons were the hot ticket last year on Lake Superiors Chequamegon Bay. Give them a try - the lakers like them!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    •   Ok, well what color would he like? I got some left over rounded ones from the kids so he wouldn't stick himself even!
    •   Bahaha, was checking to see what the new slug for deer hunting maybe, also? 
    • PF - Sorry to let you down.  I see you are a slug expert!!!!
    • Sheesh.  I clicked on this from the recent topics page thinking there was a new deer hunting thread......  Get a spray bottle with a salt solution and give them a shower. I think water with Dawn soap might be an option
    • I am flattered fellas, but in rebs defense he did say " goodies" and not "goods" or he would have some explaining to do . between the different s.i.t.e.s.  were on I post no shortage of food shots ,so reb grab that scissors from leech lol. You pick up  a belly yet moon lake?
    • wren chick sat on a chair on the deck for over 2 hours. cute little bugger

• I think last year was probably the best/first year we should have gone for it at the deadline so no regrets on that one. We got Pommers at the deadline as well but he had some years left and we were able to resign him and overall he has produced for us so no biggy there either. I'm sure we all wish we could take back the Matt Moulson trade back, that was the only bad one that cost us a couple of 2nd rounders and he looked terrible, but again hindsight is always 20/20. The rest were all minor deals that didn't do much either way.    Someone will get moved at some point, we just can't fill out a team and or sign Grandlund & Nino without it, at least not that I can see. Sounds like we had a deal for the Canadians first but their guy was there so they kept the pick, no problem with Fletcher being patient on the trade front, might have to wait until some teams don't fill their needs via free agency before a move happens. 

• anyone else have any issues with ChartInstaller? I last used it on my laptop a month or so ago and it worked fine. I am getting ready to go to North Dakota for a couple days and wanted to download some areas to my card that I hadn't before.   I removed the sd card from my Hummingbird Helix and put it in the laptop. Opened the CharInstaller program that was already installed and was prompted to update. I downloaded the new Chart Installer.exe file and no matter how many times I download it, reboot and retry install etc it will not install. I just get an error "There has been an error. Unknown Error upacking file C:/Program Files (x86)/Chart Installer/nwjc.exe   So while doing the upgrade I lost my desktop icon with no software to update my chart. I understand there is a 1 year subscription but I just got my navionics+ and put it on this card last October.   Any ideas?    
    • Gotta let youse guys carry on wid something!!! 
  • Our Sponsors