• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

boat pedistal seat bases

Question

I am looking to replace a worn out pedestal seat base in my boat. It is a Champion boat that comes with holes unique to this type of pedestal. I can't find a similar pedestal. The name on the base is R&R Design Slide. There is a latch in the boat that opens to a 3"x3" square hole about 1/2" deep. The bottom of the pedestal has a similar piece of metal to fit in the hole. You put the pedestal in and slide it back. The latch can then be closed around the round portion of the pedestal to lock it in place......only if I could draw a picture. Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by flyingfish (edited 12-13-2002).]

4 answers to this question

I know the bases you are taking about I have seen them at the IMTEC show in Chicago, offered for sale to dealers. I considered buying them for use in rigging boats as they seem really well built. You should be able to find them on the internet or else give Champion a call and see if they have a replacement available. grin.gif

[This message has been edited by kwkfsh (edited 12-14-2002).]

I've tried finding them on the internet, but have come up with nothing so far. I also got a Champion rep's email from Genmar, but there hasn't been much of a response out of him......I'll have to start making phone calls.........