• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Auger Question

Swill

Question

What to do...I have a 8-9 year old strikemaster 8" ice auger which is is good shape but yesterday I had a heck of a time cutting through 4" of ice. It would start fine but in the once my blade started to punch through the last 1" of ice it would get hung up and stop. I would even make this grinding sound and shake the motor. Is my auger screwed or what? I though of adding a new laser auger to it but I am not sure... Has anyone else ever experienced this? Heck I think a new hand auger would be easier...way easier...Thanks for any suggestions....

2 answers to this question

Swill there is a shop in New Brighton called D-rock that works on augers.The person that runs seems very knowledgeable and reasonable.You can find the address under the strikemaster webpage