• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bought a Magna 17, have some questions

LucasMN

Hello All,

It was time to upgrade from my 14ft Alumacraft. After searching long and hard, I found a pretty good deal on a 1989 Tracker Magna 17. I've never had a boat with this much gizmo's and have a few questions.

First off, does anyone know of a site that has a PDF viewable manual for the boat and/or the 75hp Mariner? Or do I have to purchase one? I am also looking for a wiring diagram, the sonar locator on the dash, as well as a switch for the trim do not work.

Can I put a boat cover on with a bow mounted trolling motor? What kind should I get? I'd like one to use when it's on the lift, not one only for when it's on the trailer.

And lastly, the trolling motor is a Mercury Thruster RX28. The arrow on the top to show which direction were going does not work. I took the cover off, and it looks like it's missing a piece/s. In the first picture, this is how it was when I took the cover off. The gears don't line up, and don't touch each other.

Any Help would be much appreciated. This is the first boat I've had that really gets me excited to get out on the water. Since I bought it used, there are just some things I want fixed asap.

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0179.jpgDSCF0181.jpgDSCF0182.jpg

I am of little help regarding your mechanical/wiring questions but I got my boat cover at Lakes Area Canvas, in Chisago City. It is way better than the cover that came with my previous boat. It looks very sharp, my boats never gotten wet with it on and it's never come undone while traveling at 80 mph. It wasn't cheap but SO worth the price. I can't remember the exact price but it was around 75 bucks more than what I would have paid through the dealer. When I brought the boat to my dealer for service, he asked "where did you get that cover made?". He said it was the nicest one he'd seen (and then wrote down the info). Mine covers the trolling motor and the main motor. It's a snap-on. You should be able to have it on while on the boat lift. Congrats on the new boat (very nice) and good luck with your other questions.