Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish-a-man

Trout fishing this coming weekend?

4 posts in this topic

I am planning a trout day this coming weekend for the girl friend and I. I live around anoka-cambridge area and was wondering if there were any good trout streams around? closer to the metro. i know there are a lot farther north and south but would just like to no any closer ones that are good streams/rivers. just names, i dont want to give anyones spots away smile Anyone else got any plans for the coming weekend.

The Kinni and the Willow just over the border in Wisconsin are good streams. I've caught fish in both...

I would suggest the Kinni as well. Start at Glen Park near downtown River Falls. Park by the tennis courts at the southwest end off Park Lane and walk down below the lower dam. That is the canyon section.

50 bucks for a non-resident angling license and 10 for the inland trout stamp, each. Just in case your wondering. I fished the Kinni today, 4 trout and a couple bites. Poor conditions though, super muddy.