• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thanks for posting this up for me, not too computer savy. If it is glass would it be man made then?

On a side note, we found a old guy that lives by us that is a rock collector, small time seller. He has lots of petrified wood from a National forest in AZ that he said his mom collected when he was a kid(he's 85), lots of Agates,fossils, geodes,etc and my daughter bought a stalagtite(SP?) for $25 that he found in a cave when he was a boy and he cut it in half and polished it - really neat. My question is would buying some of the more rare rocks be worth the investment? His wife has died and is all alone so we go over and talk to him every once in awhile and sells us stuff pretty cheap - his prices are pretty low to begin with but I thought for my daughter to ccllect something and be worth something in the process would be a good. New to the rock arena so not sure values, etc. Thanks for your guys help.