• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Draining a sunken ship

SunneyeDay

Phred, Thanks- I think that test is a little more manageable for me, with only one tank and yesterday being the first day I haven't been on the water since about mid-may, I just need to know if its contaminated, and if so, I'll dump it out and go get another + some additive. Plug is about the only thing still in the water at this point.

Floyd- if only that were an option.

Macguyver- I'm giving you 90 mins until the cave fills with water and I drown due to laziness- get me out of here without bailing!

As long as you've pulled it onto the beach 'some', pull the drain plug, let it drain down and pull it up some more. (The water in the boat will drain down to the water level of the lake) eventually you'll have it far enough out of the water that it can ALL drain out.

This seems like the most practical response yet... Bailing of course will speed up the process, but no reason not to take the plug out if you've got the boat up on land. It'll drain low enough to run and then you can always do the "pull the plug while driving the boat" trick to let the rest siphon out till its boat dry.

Call up your buddy and ask him if he wants to go fishing.

When he shows up tell him to go down to the dock and bail a little water out of the boat while you jump in the Impala to get the beer.

Siphoning won't work because the discharge end of the hose needs to be lower then the intake.

Its 5 gallon bucket time. For those lighter days the new plastic coffee cans with the molded hand impression work sweet.

They'll also been to the contours of the floor, you'll be good to the late drop.

Thanks for everyone who chimed in.

It was a combo- siphon while I had a few beers, then started bailing it out, then wide open across the lake while I had few more on the way to my late night spot.

Boat is probably the cleanest its ever been too! If anyone needs a boat cleaning, I would be willing to borrow you my frayed rope...