• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jig and pig line?

RK

14 lb fireline crystal with palomar knot, never had a break-off yet, don't really see the point in mono, can't feel a light drop pickup, have to reef on it for a set. 14 lb fireline line size of 6 lb mono, so you why use heavy mono, flouro?

Its all personal preference and what your used to. If you went around to each touring pro, you would get the same kind of answers, there is no right or wrong answer with jig/pig line. Some have 1 jig/pig rig, some have 5, there are a multitude of situations where one works better that the other. Its very hard to ask such a wide variety of anglers a question, some don't even know what a jig/pig is, others are advanced tournament anglers.

If it were geared towards a frog setup, then you would have a vast majority for heavy braid. In fishing, there is no right or wrong answer, it comes down to what works best for each individual and in each situation. If someone tells you they know it all when it comes to fishing, they couldn't be further from the truth. On any given day, on any given lake, there are a multitude of patterns that will catch fish, and unless your in a tournament and can see how well other patterns panned out, you don't know if you were on the best one. Everyone thinks they have the best approach to a situation, but its simply that, their best approach, not undoubtably the best. Perhaps it was the best, but who knows if it truly was. I have learned to keep an open mind and be receptive to new ideas and concepts, and I believe that has significantly enhanced my ability to find and catch bass. Just when you think you have the best set up for something, you find out there is a better way to do it, and that is the beauty of fishing, its a never ending learning process. So, I would encourage people to have and keep their opinions, but don't be dead set that your way is the "right" way for everyone.

Please don't view this as argumentative, because it isn't, its simply my opinion on what is "best". Good fishin'!

I agree, Very well Said Infishquinn... Totally Agree. It never ceases to amaze me how humbling this hobby can be. One day you can seem do do no wrong and then next outing no matter what you throw at em... nothing works. I too try to learn something new each time out and when fishing league or a tournament I try to gather information form other anglers and see if what I was doing was in anyway similar to what others thought. I like your outlook on the big picture.