• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Feedback on a few lakes

shiltsy

I've been on Demontreville and Olson a few times over the past two months, and am ready to try some new areas on the East side. It'd be nice to find something with a little less pressure and maybe even some multi-species action. Don't get me wrong bass fishing is king, but catching the occasional Northern or Walleye always keep it interesting!

If you had to pick one of the following lakes, which would it be?

- White Bear

- Forest

- Big Marine

- Lino Lakes area

- None of the above!

Thanks all... sure have enjoyed reading and posting to this forum since joining in Feb. It's a great online community.

shil- all lakes with a good access anywhere near the metro will have pressure. White bear is a very good multi species lake, but keep in mind, the closer you are to the twin cities, the more pressure you will see. Big Marine is another decent multi species lake, but it too will see its share of pressure(both these lakes see extra becuase they have clear water for swimming as well). Forest is a big body of water with multiple boat accesses, hence also get a lot of pressure. I would say that White Bear and Big Marine may be better bass lakes than forest, but you can get into them on Forest as well.

Until this year, the Chisago lakes area area good option, however with the low water, the lakes up here are not easy for putting boats in. Chisago has the best access this year and thus has had the worst boat traffic I have ever seen on it.

Shiltsy, I was on Demontriville the weekend before the 4th and was fed up with the recreational boaters. Every 5 minutes I had skiers or jet ski's going along the shoreline and sending waves crashing into my small boat. One time I even had a boat cruise by me and I know he wasn't more than thirty feet from me. I gave him the bird and he through up his hands like he didn't do anything wrong. I am done going to that lake on the weekends.

I really do like demontriville though. I have done very good on the bass this year in that lake.

Totally agree... had a lot of fun on that lake earlier in the year when it was colder and just anglers. Great lake, but it's pretty small to handle the large amount of recreational boat traffic.

I have a few ideas for the next lakes to target. By the way, does anyone know if the free ramp at Big Marine is in good enough shape (deep enough water) to launch?