Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tacklejunkie

wave wackers

3 posts in this topic

are they just for tillers or can they be applied to console boats. also, does anybody have them on their boats with downriggers mounted going off the back? will they get in the way of my downriggers

I just had a pair put on my console. There are for any style boat you use to go backwards OR take a lot of waves on the back of the boat. As long as the downrigger equipment isn't attached to the back of the transom they shouldn't be in the way. I'm guessing you have the downrigger attached to the rear of the side walls extending back out over the transom rather than attached to the face of the transom. If so, I'd guess the downrigger arm would extend out and over the wave wacker beveled shields and not be a problem. If your downriggers are actually mounted to the transom plate than that would likely interfere.

I have them on my console boat. They work great! I would have to agree that if your downriggers attach to the transom you may have issues. I bought my boat used and the wackers on it have a spot for the motor and trolling motor so I would guess you could have them custom made to fit even with the downriggers.