Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hoffer

Please help with hook question for trout

2 posts in this topic

Hey trout guys...

My brother and I are headed up to Ontario to fish this June. We will be around a very good trout area and will try the normal way of jigging, 3 way swivels etc...

But we are also on an outpost cabin that is close to the shoreline and deeper water - right in a the trout area. We would like to try some shore fishing with dead bait etc...just a little - just a few times to kick back in a chair and watch the line. However, we have never done this before and could use any tips at all. Even just to start with the hook type (kahle, circle etc....) and size of the hook (small, large 2's, 4's 00's etc....)

Any other tips to throw out there too would be appreciated = best type of bait, do you cut it, keep it whole etc....

I always post a good report when I get back - so i will be sure to do that. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

(PS should add we are after Lakers and the water average pretty deep).

We catch alot of trout by using a # 6 baitholder hook and some splitshot sinkers about 3 feet up from the hook use nightcrawlers or get some big big sucker minnows and filet a side off it and bomb it out works for us