• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Additude Change in Lab

Mr. B

Yesterday my lab and I were involved in an accident. Everyone is fine just a few bumps and bruises. Maggie got bounced around a fair amount but seems fine. She is eating fine and no limp, no tenderness or anything like that and when we got home she finally managed to to catch the cat that has been tormenting her.

My question is she seems a little more reserved today, is this common? I am sure it was just as stressfull on her as it was on me, so is this something that will pass? I have also been told that a dog can become gun shy after something like this due to the loud noises involved. Does any one have any ideas as to approach this?

Thanks for any help.

Maybe she's just concerned you're going to take her for another ride. wink.gif

I had a similar situation with one of my labs. He was a little shook up at first but it passed quickly. I doubt it will make her gun shy. There's also the possibility she's picking up the tension/vibe from you. I think dogs react to our moods more than we might know.

I'm glad nobody got hurt.

First of all I am glad you are all ok. I also do not think you have anything to worry about as far as gun shy is concerned. I am sure the dog is just a little shook up and probably taking a que from you.