• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

late 70s 15 hp eninrude

MN Angler

the last couple times I have used it it has a steady stream of water coming out however, the water seems to be mutch hotter than usual. Also when I shut the motor off just after it has run I hear a steam/sizzle sound and am worried that it is running too hot. Has anyone had this happen to them or have an idea what this might be.

Thanks

if I remember correctly the water stream is before the

Theromstat,

also the age tells me that the thermostat might not be working correctly, Is the head hot to touch??

If it is I would replace it, if you want to test the thermostat

just pull it out before you go and use it, it will not hurt the motor with it out for awhile

But remember run it in water to test so not to burn the impeller up.

By the way when was the impeller changed out??

Good Luck

I should do an impeller change as well. have not done it for about 5 yrs so its probably due. however it still has a good stream. The head is hot to the touch as well. I have never done a thermostat replacement. where is it even located and also is it just a thermostat or do I need to replace gaskets etc. as well

is the model number on the motor somewhere like a car has a vin number on the driver side? I will take a look tomorrow when I get home from work. Thanks everyone and thanks marine man that will be great if I can find a model number

wow thats neat so it is newer than I thought it was. I bought it 6 or 7 years ago from a guy in southern MN and he said it had been sitting in his garage for over ten years and he told me he thought it was a late 70s. thanks surface Tension you have been a lot of help

MN Angler