• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Switching foods for hunting season?

MNpurple

My 1.5 year old lab has a food she does very well on right now, but I've heard of some guys switching their dogs to a "performance" food during hunting season, like Nutri Sources Performance. First, is this necessary and do you notice a difference, and second, is there a fat/protein % contenet I should make sure she has during hunting season?

I know I switch from Diamond Natural Lamb & Rice to Diamond Naturals Extreme athlete. IS this necessary? I think it is if you hunt days at a time. I hunt pheasants every weekend, 1-2 times during the week, 2-4 5 day trips to SD. Especially on those 5 day hunts in SD. By day 4 and for sure day 5 my dog is usually the only still going. He is also the only dog geting feed a performance type food. Is it he food? I'd guess somewhat, but it's mostly that my dog is in shape. With has hard as he works he's going to get the best.