• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sibleys has arrived!

Happy Happy!...my new Sibleys bird guide seems to be quite the book!...much more precise in explaining in detail the different bird species....the illustrations are "spot on"...ole Sibley sure is one good artist and illustrator!...looking forward to using it!...won't fit in your pocket though grin.gif

Definitely need a bigger pocket!

Before I gave my second copy away, I kept one in the SUV and one in my office.

They do make a durable cloth case the book fits into that zips open and closed and has a shoulder strap for those who want the book with them when they are out walking in the field.

Not giving mine away! tired.gif......unless he's got a loaded 44 mag grin.gif.......spent over an hour last night just pageing though it....I really don't have to have it along with me since I download the bird images to the PC and then evaluate what I just captured so toting it isn't a must...

Broke down and bought a Sibley's for my Mom as a Mother's Day present. I had to look at it first and one of the things I liked about it was the map that included where birds had been sighted outside of their usual range. Liked that feature as she had seen what she thought was a western tanager at her feeders briefly about 10 days ago amongst the goldfinches. Yellow body and wing bars with red on the head. Wouldn't you know, they have been spotted in MN before. Wanted to get the book too but that was the last one they had in stock at the bookstore. Oh well, Father's Day is coming up. Maybe I'll get lucky...and get a Sibley's of my own! grin