• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My dogs eye is red!

TheAsian

Could be cherry eye, could be allergic conjunctivitis, could speculate all day long. Is it the third eyelid that is affected? Was he very active and it popped up or has it been getting worse over a few days? Eyes are not something to play around with. If you're concerned I recommend a vet visit.

my lab had this earlier this spring. It was uveitis (infection inside the eye) combined with conjuntivitis (pink eye). 3 visits, they did a dye test, a eye pressure test, and 2 rounds of meds.

It took a while for the meds to run their course, about 3-4 weeks of giving eye drops.

If it has not gone away in the past few days would recommend seeing the vet. If left it can cause problems.

I'd take the dog in if it's still out of the ordinary...had similar symptoms with my lab about a year ago; they gave me the no-scratch collar and some cream for the eye and it went away in several days. Was just an infection.