• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Greater Yellow Legs?

JayinMN

Jay, it's a toss up for me. GYLs are significantly larger than LYLs, but without a size reference it's tough to know.

The GYL has longer and slightly upturned bill than the LYL, which would in this bird make me lean toward the GYL, but GYLs also have more extensive and bold barring along the flanks, and this bird shows the spotty and faded barring of a LYL, so that field mark makes me lean toward the LYL.

The GYL is stockier than the LYL, too, and this bird definitely looks on the husky side so, on balance, I'll lean toward the GYL with a hefty amount of uncertainty in there.

How about giving us an easy one next time! grin.gifgrin.gif

Lol!...You beat me to it Jay!...Yes ,it appears to be a greater yellow legs and I watched him feeding back and forth along the snow covered swimming beach also this morning!... grin.gif...I set up my tripod next to the life gurads stand and snapped a few.... grin.gif...birds really a celebrity,cameras snappin all over the place! \:D

Frame_DSCN1504-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCN1506-2copy.jpg

Frame_DSCN1507-1copy.jpg