• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Soil temp update 4-24

LwnmwnMan2

Well, this morning I was back out checking the same properties that I checked on 4-21.

Monday these areas were 42, 48 and 50 degrees respectively.

Today, the area that was out in the middle of the property was up to 48 degrees. This hill faces to the west.

The slight slope that's on the south side of the property had gone from 48 degrees up to 50 degrees.

The 2' strip that was between the parking lot and the south side wall full of windows had gone from 50 degrees to 54 degrees.

I'm sure alot of people are / have already putting the preventer down.

I wanted to post these figures, just to show everyone how, even though we had 3 days here where the temps were 70 degrees +/- 2-3 degrees each day in a row, that soil temps do not warm that quick.

With temps for my area (Forest Lake) being highs of 45ish for the next 7 days, and lows right around that freezing mark (hopefully not too many have moved the indoor plants out for good yet) these soil temps are probably going to drop back down again.

Again, from the drives around town, you can see at about 694, everyhting to the south is greening up nicely, north it's still pretty patchy from what's getting ready to start to grow, and even farther north of Hwy 95 from North Branch to St. Cloud and north..... well, good luck with the fishing opener this year. grin.gif

With this rain today and fri. I think sat, will be a good time to get the crabgrass preventer down before it rains again on sun.A little rain is good to get it in the soil but over .5" like today and fri might be too much rain. Is this a good plan or just wait till mon. when the rain is supposed to be done.

This Sat. would be ideal.

Alot of pre-emergent products call for 1/2" of rain in order to get the chemical barrier broke down and spread out properly.

It's the broadleaf control products that you want to spread immeidately after a rain, morning dew or irrigation cycle that you don't want rain for 48 hours +/- for the best control, at least with a granular product.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I switched to Lesco product last year in the summer and this is the first year I'm using the crabgrass preventer with dimension,sounds like it's good stuff.